Monday, June 30, 2008

A blast back to the 80's

This was the concert we had been waiting for for a few months...... STYX! It is one of Brock's favorite groups. I have to admit their songs are filled with memories. They are fantastic songs to sing along to. Alan got the most fantastic seats for all of us. His best childhood buddy Del was putting on the concert and so we were able to get tickets before they went on sale. There was 42 of us total that went. I do not know what I enjoyed most...... singing to their songs or watching everyone else singing and jamming to their songs. It was a blast fromt he past. Poor Brock was supposed to get home from flying at 1pm and he did not land until 7:30pm. (They added a few flights onto his schedule) He went straight from the airport to the concert. He made it right after the concert started. Just in time for his favorite songs!
Below is a photo of Nicole (Jen's good friend), my sister in-law Jen, me and Holly Talbot taking a rest in between Styx and Boston. I have to say that Boston was good but not as great as Styx.
Before we went to the concert we went to Roy's for dinner. (imagine that...going to my favorite restuarant) Gary (the manager) set us up in the banquet room and had the chef arrange a special menu for us. The Macademia Mahi Mahi was Killer and is always my favorite but many raved about the ribs. The chocolate souffle was a hit. So here is a photo of everyone enjoying their meals. We have such awesome friends to hang out with .....what a blessing.
Table one..................................................................and Table two!














My two great neighbors-------My sister in spirit and friend for life Deneen Wilson, Me, and my friend Lori Bond. They are the best neighbors and friends. Always willing to have some fun.
My fun brother Jared and my adorable sister in-law Jen are always a blast to do things with. Jared is a music nut and they pretty much know every song out there. It has been great having them live in the same state. We are able to have some fun memories together.












1 comment:

Susan Catmull said...

Looks like tons of fun.