Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer is here....

My mom keeping cool under her umbrella. Rylee holding on to Micheal.


Our little buddy Micheal analizing the goose.




The baby ducks.....so cute.



my niece Sophie


Yesterday my niece sophie came down to spend the weekend with my parents. I had some friends of ours, the Glaziers, 3 yr old for the day while they packed up their home to move to Utah. Mom had a great idea to take an adventure to the Bird Riparian in Gilbert. We made the mistake of going at 1pm......it was hot! We saw ducks and geese cooling off in the ponds....but that was about it. Mom wondered where the birds were. Well they were smarter than us. They were staying out of the heat!!!!


We stoped by the pond and fed the ducks for a while and absoluetly thrilled a newspaper photographer. She was sent out on an assignment to photograph for an article on the local parks in Gilbert. She was afraid that no one was going to be out in the heat. She had fun taking a ton of photos of the kids. Maybe we will be famous and be in the Tribune newspaper this weekend.

4 comments:

Trish said...

One of our favorite things is feeding ducks on a pond. It's amazing the pleasure that comes from such a simple, free thing to do!

Unknown said...

Hi Britt, thanks for visiting and saying "hi" on my blog. It is a great way to keep in touch and see what everyone is up to. Thanks too for the reminder about feeding the ducks, that is a fun thing to do with the kids!

Susan Catmull said...

Well my kids aren't out until July 1st and then we can let loose and enjoy too. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Kristi said...

Hey there Britt! I was excited when I found your blog. Looks like you're staying busy as usual:)
I loved the scrapbook for your son!
You did a great job. Take care....