Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Am I really that old?

Cody "surprised" at his 16th birthday party!





Cody just turned 16 years old. Time has passed way to quickly. I never felt old.....I seem to have been stuck in my 20's But now with Rian leaving on a mission and Cody turning 16, I am analyzing how old I really am. 42 years old does not seem that bad until I remember when I was 16 and what 42 yr olds looked and acted like. Really .......they were old.


I remember when my parents had my uncles 40th birthday party. He was so old that they had everyone dressed in black and a casket in the front yard.


I have always thought that"old" was part of your mind set.


I just asked Rian, "Do you think I am old?"


"No", he responds. I can tell he thinks I am crazy for asking that question.


So I ask again, "Seriously do you think I am old?"


"No" This time with a funny look on his face.


He is either really smart and wants to keep his car privileges or he really does not think I am old.


Man that makes me feel good!




1 comment:

akglaciergirl said...

I know what you mean about thinking that 40+ seemed old when we were teen-agers--but now since I'm there it's not old at all! Rian gave good answers--my children just come right out and say--yeah Mom you're old!