Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rian Gets his Mission Call!


We just returned from a great 2 week vacation. I will post some great photos and fun thoughts later....All that is on my mind is Rian's Exciting news!

We arrived home last night to have waiting for us a letter from the church having Rian's Mission papers. After unloading the luggage and giving Rian some breathing room he finally opened it. It was just him and I in my office (Brock was driving another vehicle and not home yet). The look on his face was priceless. He looked up at me and said 'Mom where in the world is this! ".

He is going to The Quezon City, Phillipines Mission. He will be speaking Tagalog. Way cool.

My grandparents lived their. my father was baptized there, and my aunt was born there. The Filipino people have a specail place in my Grandfathers heart.

This will be a great adventure for Rian!

Here is a photo right after he found out and he was phoning someone to tell them....

9 comments:

Trish said...

That is so amazing! I am so excited for him (and you)! What a blessed day! Wow! The Phillipines! How awesome!

Susan Catmull said...

A great adventure awaits him. He'll love it!

jana said...

So cool for you! Love the picture! So glad he came into Primary to share that with us! It made my boys day! Even Porter (4)said.. "That's a NEW Missionary!"

NelsonPeople said...

Awesome! Congratulations Rian!

Beth Swann said...

That's awesome! My husband served in Cebu, Phillippines 12 years ago and spoke Cebuano. He loved it and I'm sure your son will, too! Congratulations to you both!

ecuakim said...

Yea! This is soooooo exciting! I love it! I was like Rian, and had to get a map out to find Guayaquil, Ecuador, as quickly as possible!!!

Kristi said...

Congratulations to Rian and your family. What a cool mission!

Britt said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words! We are thrilled and I am sure I will keep you posted on my blog on all his cool adventures while he is there.

Kendra said...

We just got back into town, and I was thinking yesterday in the car that Rian should have his call, so I jumped on to see if you had posted anything! Yeah!!! Congrats! So exciting!