Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Locks of Love

Sarah has not cut her hair but one time for a trim while being with us. That will be almost 3 years. She has always longed for long hair. When in the Orphanage in Russia, they would always keep her hair VERY short. It was something she hated. So her goal was to have long hair and to also make the decision when it was cut.
This winter break I told her that it was time for a trim. Her hair was looking pretty stringy. I also told her about what some girls do when they cut their hair......they donate it to "Locks of Love" so that children with cancer can have a wig. She thought that would be a really nice thing to do. I was so proud of her. When she found out how much needed to be cut off ......she had to way out the decision. This would mean that she would have the dreaded short hair. She decided to do it anyway to help the children. Way to go Sarah! She did something good AND she looks fabulous in her new haircut.







8 comments:

jana said...

Sarah,
You look GORGEOUS!!! Way to go! I'm so proud of you!!

Monica said...

Sarah,
I love the cut---you look so grown up! It is very beautiful on you! What a wonderful thing you did!

You are a beautiful person through and through---and you have an incredible mom...you are very lucky!

joslyn marie said...

Wow. this is the cutest cut and such a neat thing to do!

Trish said...

Oh, stink. I'm so far behind in my blogging, that I just realized I never posted when Mayzie cut hers off a few months ago. 12 inches! Yikes! Sarah looks beautiful! I love the new cut on her!

NelsonPeople said...

Love the new look!

Kris Mazy Fullmer said...

She looks Fab!!! I just cut 24 inches for Locks of love too!

ecuakim said...

You rock Sarah! I wanted to cut mine for Locks of Love, but didn't have enough...bummer! I'm so proud of you for making such a tough decision and doing something so selfless and you know what? It will grow back!

Kathy C said...

Sarah, you are such a beautiful girl and you look fabulous in short hair! I think you should keep it short! Love it!